Bedford Blues will be turning Pink this weekend as they host Ulster A in the British & Irish Cup – which is also this year’s Ladies Day fixture which kicks-off at 2.30pm on Saturday.
Coming in off the back of an impressive 35-6 win over Scarlets Select on Sunday, the Blues will be looking to continue the momentum but know they are in for a huge challenge as they face a team that demolished Bristol 30-5 in Belfast last Friday.
The Blues make a handful of changes from the team that started in Carmarthen, with Piers O’Conor, Dean Adamson, Jake Sharp and Jordan Burns starting in the backs while Alex Lundberg, Camilo Parilli-Ocampo and Josh Buggea come into the pack with Mike Howard captaining the side.
15. Piers O’Conor
14. Dean Adamson
13. Michael Le Bourgeois
12. Ollie Dodge
11. James Pritchard
10. Jake Sharp
9. Jordan Burns
1. Alex Lundberg
2. Sam James
3. Camilo Parilli-Ocampo
4. Mike Howard (c)
5. Harry Wells
6. Justin Blanchet
7. Josh Buggea
8. Joel Conlon
16. Charlie Clare
17. Jack Culverhouse
18. Mark Flanagan
19. Nick Fenton-Wells
20. Pete White
21. Myles Dorrian
22. Steffan Jones
Off of the pitch, the Blues are once again supporting Cancer Research UK with the Ladies’ Day fixture which will see plenty of attractions for both men and women in the Blues Marquee. O
n top of two-for-one ground entry for all ladies (available on the match day gate only), there will as always be a host of offers available on the day in the Blues Marquee, including:
- Free glass of rosé wine on arrival in the marquee for the girls.
- Beauty treatments will be available for just £5 each courtesy of 5th Avenue with money raised donated to the charity.
- Award winning brownies from Brownes Coffee House.
- Gallone’s Ice Cream tricycle including an array of different award winning flavours.
- Blind Bear Wine Stall with special drinks menu.
- Live music from Mark Calder throughout the day.
- Prizes for the best dressed male and female presented by match sponsors Fire Safety Services after the game.
- Special auction of one-off player-worn Ladies Day shirts in aid of Cancer Research.
- Cancer Research Raffle including top prizes donated to the Club.
Raffle tickets will be on sale throughout the day with the competition, raffle and auction prizes unveiled from 5.30pm as the Blues players head into the marquee with events led by the superb Blues MCs’ Sam Roberts and John Stenhouse.
There is plenty else going on this Saturday at Goldington Road with two Guest Ales in the Eagle Bar as Winter Warmer remains, joined by Longman Brewery’s Long Blonde on the guest taps to prop up Bedford’s favourite Eagle IPA.
And whilst all hospitality is fully sold out, Nos’s Nosh is matching the club’s generosity by offering ladies an additional 2 for 1 benefit on all main meals.
Pop along to the catering outlet in the Scrum Bar to see Nos and take advantage of his ‘buy one get one free’ meals. Meals will include beef bourguignon, Italian chicken or a variety of other great value options, but hurry as service stops at 2pm.