Renhold move second in Bedfordshire League

Renhold United took advantage of postponements elsewhere to move back into second place with a 4-3 win at basement boys Elstow Abbey on Saturday.

Sandy v Renhold. PNL-160103-095115002
Sandy v Renhold. PNL-160103-095115002

With Premier Division supported by Sportsform leaders AFC Oakley M&DH having their home game against Shefford Town & Campton waterlogged off and second place Wilstead suffering the same fate for their scheduled visit to Flitwick Town, Renhold made up ground.

Jonny Richens fired United ahead in the fifth minute only to see the Abbey, via Lucas Banton, level matters up eight minutes from the break and then Antony Summut put them 2-1 ahead just four minutes into the new period.

With just 21 minutes left to play United’s Ollie Housden made it 2-2 and right on the 90 minute mark Alex Woolston slotted United 3-2 ahead only to see Abbey’s Tom Ellis make it 3-3 two minutes later to what looked like giving the Abbey a deserved share of the spoils.

Alas for them the game was to have a final twist which saw Mark Reed break the home side’s hearts by netting six minutes into time added on.

Now up into fourth spot are Marston Shelton Rovers who claimed their fifth away victory on the bounce with a 3-0 win at Sandy. Jamie Cerminara, Simon Craddock and Ben Lawrence netted the goals to do the damage.

Whilst now in fifth spot are AFC Kempston Town & Bedford College who also jumped above the non-playing Flitwick Town after sharing the spoils in a 1-1 draw at Cranfield United. Martin Holland on the home scoresheet against one in reply from Jake Duxbury for the Town.

Down at the other end there was a big win for Caldecote who moved themselves out of the bottom three at the expense of Sandy with a 2-1 home victory over Sharnbrook. Jake Wallace and Dan Fennell scored the vital goals against a lone reply from Jordan Baxter.

The Ickwell & Old Warden v Pavenham game was also postponed.

Division One supported by Wests Citroen Bedford

The day’s biggest winner was the weather as the top two clash between Sundon Park Rangers and Stevington became a late victim to a waterlogged pitch, alongside the Greenfield Road clash between Westoning and Henlow.

However Henlow were in action on Monday night, with a 4-0 home victory over Ickleford to lift themselves up into the top six whilst Ickleford now drop into the third bottom spot.

In a game restricted to 40 minutes each way the home side took the lead in the 27th minute via Kaan Fehmi, who then doubled the scoreline in the last action of the opening half.

Just six minutes into the new period it was 3-0 when Arin Fehmi joined his brother on the scoreline and 14 minutes from time Gabriel Follano netted an own goal to bring up the final 4-0 scoreline.

On Saturday at Miller Road hosts Meltis Albion failed to take their chance to climb up into second spot after their four game unbeaten home run was ended by fifth place AFC Kempston Town & Bedford College Reserves who took their own unbeaten away run up to six games by winning 5-1. Giovanni Moscartiolo with a brace was joined on the scoresheet by Keegan Roberts, Joe Price and Chris Wright to bring up the nap hand against a lone reply from Albion’s John Fay.

Whilst down at the other end bottom of the table AFC Oakley M&DH Reserves won for the first time in nine attempts, 2-0 at Ickleford ,who have now lost their last six home games. Mitch Crook and Alex Liburd scored the goals to do the damage.

Division Two

There is no change at the head of division two following wins for the top three sides. Leaders Clapham Sports, in chalking up their 11th win on the bounce with a 7-1 victory at Wootton Village, stay a point clear at the top from Cople & Bedford SA who themselves won big on the road with a 5-0 victory at Lea Sports PSG.

For the league leaders Ryan Prior led the way with a hat-trick, Neil Larham netting twice and he was joined on the scoresheet by Marko Tobozic and Liam Bolton against a lone Village reply from Aaron Williams.

Whilst on SA’s scoresheet to chalk up their fifth away win on the bounce were Ollie Hughes with a brace plus an own goal to go with single strikes from Ashlee Banton and Paul Nigro.

Third place Cranfield United Reserves kept their slim top two hopes alive with a 3-1 home win over bottom of the table Marston Shelton Rovers Reserves, Adam Kerr netting twice and Alessandro Barbieri once against a lone Rovers reply from Kieran Day.

The Cutler Hammer clash between Kempston Hammers Sports and Kempston Athletic was the victim of a waterlogged pitch.

Watson Shield Semi-Final

In running out 3-2 extra time winners at Caldecote A, there now awaits a final tie against Renhold United Reserves for Bedfordshire Saturday Youth side Ampthill Town.

Tom Bates and James Durdon were on their scoresheet in the opening 90 minutes against home replies from Jack Stagg and Reece Parker before Bates shot home the extra time winner for the Town.

Division Three

With Wixams already declared the division three champions the race for the runners-up spot is still on. Currently sitting in second are Sundon Park Rovers who concluded their season by winning 2-1 at Sandy Reserves thanks to goals from Matt Bonnar and Daniel Longalonga against a lone home reply from Jon Bone Jnr.

With third place Wilstead Reserves having their scheduled game at Renhold United Reserves waterlogged off the Rovers duly opened a gap of six points over Wilstead who still have three games left to play.

For fourth place Caldecote Reserves it was a 6-3 win at Dinamo Flitwick. Jamie Richardson, Adam Legate and Josh St Claire Pierre all claimed braces against home replies via Dale Goldie twice and Jack Fuller once.

Whilst AFC Dunton and White Eagles remain in fifth and sixth places respectively after sharing the spoils in a 2-2 draw at Horseshoes Close, Jason Kinns and Tony Norman on the home scoresheet against Eagles replies via Rafel Cygan and Marchin Ptak.

Division Four

With Westoning Reserves failing to raise a side to visit Stevington Reserves the lone action of the day saw bottom of the table Lidlington United Sports claim just their second victory of the season when winning 3-1 at Henlow Reserves.

Alex Roberts, Greg Roberts and Tom Staples were on the United scoresheet against a lone home reply from Thomas Wheldon.