Still considering releasing both Spiller and Richards

Hatters boss John Still confirmed he may well be looking at releasing both Danny Spiller and Garry Richards, writes Mike Simmonds.

By The Newsroom
Wednesday, 29th May 2013, 9:19 am

The pair both signed two-year deals after joining from Gillingham last summer, but haven’t kicked a ball for Hatters in a competitive game after suffering long-term injuries.

With Spiller a doubt for this season already due to his achilles injury, when asked if coming to a mutual agreement was a possibility with the duo, Still said: “Yes, I think we just need to update ourselves on the medical reports, which we are waiting on.

“Once we get them, we can see where both players are for next season and we can make a decision.”

For the full story, see the Luton News/Dunstable Gazette on sale now, while for all the latest Luton Town FC news, reports, stats, player profiles, live match updates, MOM poll, prediction table and a complete fixture list, visit our Hatters Microsite.