With Charlie Henry, Ed Asafu-Adjaye and Christian Tavernier also shown the door last month, the Town chief is starting to reduce the over-inflated squad he inherited from former manager Gary Brabin.
Speaking about his decisions, Buckle said: “None of them were in the starting line-up. That was due to the performances that the players were giving in their positions and the way the team was functioning towards the end of the season.
“They all trained so well and gave me everything and that’s all I can ask. Having said that, I think it’s fair enough to say we haven’t done it over the last few years and I’ve had to make changes.
“I wouldn’t have just done it for the sake of it, I’ve done it because I think it needs it.”
Bedford's women cricketers make it three wins in a row
Setchell feels Bedford Town deserved their opening point at Stratford
Clubs all set for big kick-off as Bedford Town, Ampthill Town and Real Bedford begin campaigns
Industry gives way to housing
Blake claims victory in juniors Captain's Day at Bedford & County Golf Club
For the full interview, see the Luton News/Dunstable Gazette on sale this Wednesday, while for all the latest Luton Town FC news, reports, stats, player profiles, live match updates, prediction table and a complete fixture list, visit our Hatters Microsite.