It’s all change at the top in the Sunday League

Oakley have been pushed off the top of the Premier Division after London Road Supreme visited Oakley’s Pavenham home and walked away with two points and a four / nil victory. Daniel and Michael Luke put Supreme on their way with a goal apiece in the first half. Travis and Scott Joseph added the other two after the break. This result pushed Oakley down to third place as Meltis Mexicans had a great scrap against Constant & Co. and went back to the top after beating Constant two / nil. It was the usual tight affair between the two old adversaries and they went in nil / nil at half-time. It all changed for Meltis when Danny Pilgrim was brought on as substitute. It was his deep, high cross from a corner which was food and drink to the lofty Davenport head, and Callum made no mistake in opening the scoring. Danny Pilgrim made the game safe with a goal of his own later on. It was an excellent match to which referee Mark Ives made a valuable contribution to its excellence. Atletico Europa hammered the waning Lawson Park Rangers team six / one to snatch second spot, depositing the Rangers one off the bottom with only two points to their name. Atletico are the only unbeaten team in the division and made short work of Lawson Park. Gordon Lyons scored twice in the first half and Junior Ivy weighed in with a goal to go in three / nil at half-time. In the second half, goals from Ishmail George , Mo Banda and Yas Emir settled the game. Charlie Betts pulled one back for Rangers. Queensmen beat Caldecote Young Boys three / one at Lawrence Park and are only one point now behind Oakley. This was another keenly fought match with both sides giving their all. Christian Lester opened the scoring for Queens, but Caldecote equalised before half-time. Lol Taylor gave Queens the lead again after the break and Danny Hollis sealed it with a third goal. Haynes beat bottom club Esquires four / three to notch up their first win of the season.

Tuesday, 25th October 2011, 11:16 am

There is no stopping Sharnbrook Casuals as they stride away at the top of Division One. Playing at home to bottom club Newtown Rangers, the Casuals were five / nil up at half-time, slowing the ball down in the second half to add another two by the end. Jamie Cross scored a hat-trick, Shaun Barnett scored two to make it ten this season for him, with Jack Hoogstraten adding one and Jordan Baxter the other one with his standing foot. Old Hastingsburians kept up the chase with a narrow three / two win against Kempston Hammers, whilst 21st GNG Tigers in third punished Harrold & Carlton six / one. Stewartby made a few strides up the table after beating Bird In Hand two / nil. It did not look very promising at the start for Stewartby when they lost their keeper, Matthew Dennis, after only eight minutes after handling outside the box to deny an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. However, Barry Pirrie sprung Bird’s offside trap to score with ease to make it one / nil to Stewartby. Edd L’erario doubled the score when he found himself in front of goal and coolly slotted the ball into the net. Man of the match Pirrie struck the Bird’s crossbar twice before the end, but Stewartby came away satisfied with their clean sheet and two points.

The top of Division Two looks similar to the top of Division Three last season. Renhold are blazing a trail at the top being chased closely by Mowsbury Athletic and Caldecote Reserves. Renhold demolished Cranfield eight / two. Andrew Latimer scored two of the goals, his first one in less than thirty seconds from kick- off. Jamie Lovell got a hat-trick and Scott Mann buried a couple. Shaun Cafferty notched one goal, but man of the match was Jason Thompson. Mowsbury had much the same sort of game against a struggling Sharks team. It was three / nil at half-time but ended five / one, Mowsbury scoring through Andy Klein with two, and one apiece for Aaron Wright, Jason Fleetin and Lui Spinelli. Caldecote beat Bumble Bee Flitwick four / two to put the Young Boys third and Wootton Wanderers are three points behind Caldecote after their three / two defeat of Houghton Conquest.

M & DH Clapham are holding onto top spot in Division Three after a two / one home win against Gardeners Arms Biggleswade who are not yet showing their class from last season. Mile Road Casuals failed to take the chance of sticking with Clapham after the Casuals went down three / two at home to Flitwick Eagles. Grafton Celtics made up ground after beating Meltis Rangers four / one and are now in fourth. Bedford Allsters rattled in six without return away to Wells Stars. Old Boys had a good morning at home to Dunton Reserves. It ended five / two to the Boys with Dean Dummett scoring twice, the other goals coming from Peter Duffy, Darren Watts and Michael Fry.

It’s all change at the top of Division Four. Rose Biggleswade have taken over at the top after thrashing Bedford Albion six / nil at Hillgrounds. Santaniello’s have been knocked off their top perch after serving up an under-done effort at home to Goldington Rangers, who won the game three / two. It is very tight at the top of this division with only the odd point difference nearly all the way down. Bedford Cupids beat Fox and Hounds Clapham three / one and BMC could only force a draw against Oakley Reserves. Shillington Pirates disposed of bottom club Bellini’s six / two.

Westoning Gijon still lead the way at the top of Division Five without getting their boots dirty. Second placed Bedford Old Boys were also left without a game after AFC Kempston failed to show up. AF Mato took the opportunity to get points on the board in third place and squeezed past Salento three / two. All the goals were at Alpha Oakley who got hammered six / one by Oakley Wanderers. Michael Kalyan drove in a thirty yard screamer for the first goal for Wanderers. Dario Colletta scored number two and Kalyan made it three. Sam Ayles popped in number four and Kalyan completed his hat-trick by half-time. Steve Yessian made it six, by which time a solitary goal from Alfa Oakley was just a morale booster. Meanwhile in the east of the county, Sandy Titans are in fourth place after beating Shillington Reserves three / one, and Sir William Peel Sandy are hot on the heels of the Titans after their three / nil win over Blackbirds Flitwick.

The first half was very tight in this game at Sir William Peel but the deadlock was broken just before the break when the Peeler’s skipper, Dave Smith, floated over a free-kick to the feet of Jay Pateman who coolly knocked the ball into the Blackbirds’ goal. In the second half Conor Green scored from the spot to make it two / nil to the Peelers and he added a third after a one-on-one with his opposition’s keeper. A first clean sheet of the season for Sir William Peel, thanks to some superb saves from keeper Robert Tant behind a solid defence. Man of the match was Dan Jones.

The Under 21 division is still being led by Hitchin Town who hosted Barton Rovers and beat them four / nil to stay one point ahead of Brickhill Wanderers ‘A’, who beat the ‘B’ team two / one. Shefford Saints lost some ground after getting only a draw at home to Sacred Heart. In the other game, Luton Central were too tough for Watling Youth who were beaten eight / one.

Next Sunday there will be a full list of league autumn fixtures. The clocks GO BACK ONE HOUR in the early hours of Sunday, so there is an extra hour in bed on offer.

by Clive Milton