It’s all change at the top in the Bedford Sunday League

OAKLEY have been pushed off the top of the Premier Division after London Road Supreme visited Oakley’s Pavenham home and walked away with two points and a 4-0 victory.

Tuesday, 25th October 2011, 2:24 pm

Daniel and Michael Luke put Supreme on their way with a goal apiece in the first half. Travis and Scott Joseph added the other two after the break.

The result pushed Oakley down to third place as Meltis Mexicans had a great scrap against Constant & Co and went back to the top after beating Constant 2-0. It was the usual tight affair between the two old adversaries and they went in goalless at halftime.

But it all changed for Meltis when Danny Pilgrim was brought on as substitute. And it was his deep, high cross from a corner which was food and drink to the lofty Davenport head and Callum made no mistake in opening the scoring. Pilgrim made the game safe with a goal of his own later on. It was an excellent match to which Caldecote referee Mark Ives made a valuable contribution to its excellence.

Atletico Europa hammered the waning Lawson Park Rangers team 6-1 to snatch second spot, depositing the Rangers one off the bottom with only two points to their name. Atletico are the only unbeaten team in the division and made short work of Lawson Park.

Gordon Lyons scored twice in the first half and Junior Ivy weighed in with a goal to go in 3-0 at half time. In the second half, goals from Ishmail George, Mo Banda and Yas Emir settled the game. Charlie Betts pulled one back for Rangers.

Queensmen beat Caldecote Young Boys 3-1 at Lawrence Park and are only one point now behind Oakley. This was another keenly-fought match with both sides giving their all.

Christian Lester opened the scoring for Queens, but Caldecote equalised before half time. Lol Taylor gave Queens the lead again after the break and Danny Hollis sealed it with a third goal.

Haynes also beat bottom club Esquires 4-3 to notch up their first win of the season while there’s no stopping Sharnbrook Casuals as they stride away at the top of Division One.

Playing at home to bottom club Newtown Rangers, the Casuals were 5-0 up at half time, slowing the ball down in the second half to add another two by the end. Jamie Cross scored a hat-trick, Shaun Barnett scored two to make it ten this season for him, with Jack Hoogstraten adding one and Jordan Baxter the other one with his standing foot.

Old Hastingsburians kept up the chase with a narrow 3-2 win against Kempston Hammers, whilst 21st GNG Tigers in third punished Harrold & Carlton 6-1. Stewartby made a few strides up the table after beating Bird In Hand 2-0.

It did not look very promising at the start for Stewartby when they lost their keeper, Matthew Dennis, after only eight minutes after handling outside the box to deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity. However Barry Pirrie sprung Bird’s offside trap to score with ease to make it 1-0 to Stewartby.

Edd L’erario doubled the score when he found himself in front of goal and coolly slotted the ball into the net. Man of the match Pirrie struck the Bird’s crossbar twice before the end, but Stewartby came away satisfied with their clean sheet and two points.

The top of Division Two looks similar to the top of Division Three last season. Renhold are blazing a trail at the top being chased closely by Mowsbury Athletic and Caldecote Reserves. Renhold demolished Cranfield 8-2. Andrew Latimer scored twice, his first in less than 30 seconds. Jamie Lovell netted a hat-trick and Scott Mann buried a couple. Shaun Cafferty notched one goal, but man of the match was Jason Thompson.

Mowsbury had much the same sort of game against a struggling Sharks team. It was 3-0 at half time but ended 5-1, Mowsbury scoring through Andy Klein (two), Aaron Wright, Jason Fleetin and Lui Spinelli.

Caldecote beat Bumble Bee Flitwick 4-2 to put the Young Boys third while Wootton Wanderers are three points behind them after their 3-2 defeat of Houghton Conquest.

M&DH Clapham are holding onto top spot in Division Three after a 2-1 home win against Gardeners Arms Biggleswade who are not yet showing their class from last season. Mile Road Casuals failed to take the chance of sticking with Clapham after the Casuals went down 3-2 at home to Flitwick Eagles.

Grafton Celtics made up ground after beating Meltis Rangers 4-1 and are now in fourth while Bedford Allsters rattled in six without return away to Wells Stars.

Old Boys had a good morning at home to Dunton Reserves as it ended 5-2 to the Boys with Dean Dummett (two), Peter Duffy, Darren Watts and Michael Fry on target.

It’s all change at the top of Division Four. Rose Biggleswade have taken over at the top after thrashing Bedford Albion 6-0 at Hillgrounds. Santaniello’s have been knocked off their top perch after serving up an under-done effort at home to Goldington Rangers, who won the game 3-2. It’s very tight at the top of this division with only the odd point difference nearly all the way down.

Bedford Cupids beat Fox and Hounds Clapham 3-1 and BMC could only force a draw against Oakley Reserves. Shillington Pirates disposed of bottom club Bellini’s 6-2.

Westoning Gijon still lead the way at the top of Division Five without getting their boots dirty. Second-placed Bedford Old Boys were also left without a game after AFC Kempston failed to show up.

AF Mato took the opportunity to get points on the board in third place and squeezed past Salento 3-2. All the goals were at Alpha Oakley who got hammered 6-1 by Oakley Wanderers. Michael Kalyan drove in a 30 yard screamer for the first goal for Wanderers. Dario Colletta scored number two and Kalyan made it three. Sam Ayles popped in number four and Kalyan completed his hat-trick by half-time.

Steve Yessian made it six, by which time a solitary goal from Alfa Oakley was just a morale booster. Meanwhile in the east of the county, Sandy Titans are in fourth place after beating Shillington Reserves 3-1 and Sir William Peel Sandy are hot on the heels of the Titans after their 3-0 win over Blackbirds Flitwick.

The first half was very tight in this game at Sir William Peel but the deadlock was broken just before the break when the Peeler’s skipper, Dave Smith, floated over a free-kick to the feet of Jay Pateman who coolly knocked the ball into the Blackbirds’ goal. In the second half Conor Green scored from the spot to make it 2-0 to the Peelers and he added a third after a one-on-one with his opposition’s keeper. A first clean sheet of the season for Sir William Peel, thanks to some superb saves from keeper Robert Tant behind a solid defence. Man of the match was Dan Jones.

Clive Milton