Bedfordshire League: Senior trophy quarter finals

A stoppage time goal from Jack Boyd was required for Caldecote to send Kempston Town & Bedford College out of the Beds FA Senior Trophy quarter-finals at Harvey Close.

By The Newsroom
Tuesday, 18th December 2012, 12:13 pm

The away side - who came from behind three times - eventually went down 4-3.

A brace from Barry Dellar and a goal from Tom Cookman put Caldecote into the lead before responses from Martin Ivy, Lyndon Ingerson and Roger Goff looked like sending the tie into extra time. However, Boyd popped up in the 92nd minute to put an end to that prospect and send Caldecote through.

Renhold United saw off South Midlands League 61 FC Luton 2-0 thanks to a double from Dean Dummett.

Ickwell & Old Warden were sent packing after an 8-0 demolition at the hands of Bedford. A red card for Dean Hamilton damaged their chances after an early Ian Thorne goal. Chris Johnson, another from Thorne, Luigi Rocco and two from Ash Kersey put the away side out of sight. Penalties converted by Liam Tinkler and Jamie Cole completed the rout.

Joining these three clubs in the Semi-final draw will be United Counties League Potton United who ran out 4-2 home winners over Langford at The Hollow.

Bedfordshire FA Junior Cup Third Round

Following two postponements, it was third time lucky for Oakley Sports M&DH Reserves who ran out 3-1 winners over Westoning to earn a Quarter-final away tie at Queens Park Crescents.

With Greenfield Road again unplayable, Westoning agreed to switch the tie to Oakley and home goals from Jamie Endersby, Matt Atherton and Matt Barnes against a lone reply from Lewis Wilson won the game.

Premier Division supported by Sportsform

With the Lidlington United Sports v Oakley Sports M&DH and Sharnbrook v Arlesey Town Reserves games called off, three league games remained.

AFC Biggleswade made it three wins on the bounce and completed a seasons double over Shefford Town & Campton with a 2-1 home win. Andrew Hayday shot the visitors ahead in the 25th minute before James Arlick levelled matters five minutes from the break. Ayo Ogbe struck the winning goal on the hour mark.

Elsewhere, Flitwick Town took their unbeaten run up to six games after a 1-1 draw at Wilshamstead. Richie Bevan put Town ahead after 20 minutes before a strike from Paul Jones ensured a share of the points.

Bedford Hatters are now unbeaten in their last four outings after a 0-0 draw away at Marston Shelton Rovers.

Division One

With Shillington’s home game against Sandy waterlogged off, Pavenham missed the chance to go top of the table as they went down 2-1 at Henlow. David Netherway put the away side ahead in the 15th minute before two goals before half time from Jay Spencer and Russell Ayles won it for Henlow.

AFC Kempston Town & Bedford College Reserves are still looking for their first win of the season after losing 3-1 at Shefford Town & Campton Reserves. Sam Omosh with a brace and Simon Castle netted the goals to take Town’s unbeaten home run up to five games. Adam Duffett scored for the away side.

Luton Boys chalked up their third home win on the bounce with a 4-2 victory over a Caldecote Reserves side that are now without a win from their last five outings. Naashon Bennett with a brace plus goals from Famik Stephen-Gabriel and Ali Molhiyadeen only being replied to by Dan Fennell and Carl Heath.

Kings AFC v Leighton United was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Division Two

Marabese Ceramics beat Sundon Park Rangers 2-1 to close the gap on leaders Goldington to one point. Alin Fehmi and Alex Paice were on the scoresheet for The Tilermen with a sole Rangers reply from Chris Mapp.

Fourth place Cranfield United Reserves won 4-1 at lowly Queens Park Crescents with Stephen Mullen netting twice alongside strikes from James Armstrong and David Anderson. A lone reply via Shah Roman proved to be a consolation.

Woburn Athletic and Stopsley Park shared the spoils after a 1-1 draw. Dan McClaren was on target for The Safari Boys with Park’s reply courtesy of Nathan Henry.

Bromham United ran out confident winners with a 5-1 home thrashing of St Joseph Reserves. A Phill Kempsell hat-trick and goals from Ben Robinson and Tom Hole saw off Lewis Ross’ solitary strike.

Division Three

With second place Clifton having their game at Great Barford called off, Marsh Leys beat Royal Oak Kempston 5-1 to open up a nine point lead at the top of the table. Akeem Lenor bagged a hat-trick plus goals from Ryan Mann and Antony Farr secured the points before an Antony Palombella consolation ended proceedings.

Riseley Sports suffered their first defeat in ten games, being beaten 2-1 by Potton Town. James Pyman’s goal and a Bradley Smith penalty marking The Town scoresheet against a home reply from James Cook.

Stevington ended a poor run after a 5-2 home victory over Bedford Park Rangers. Sam King, Clinton Tatham, Colm Lawler, Antony Sly and Ben Walsh on the home scoresheet with replies from Shaun Finlay and Tony Anynwu for Rangers.

Kempston Hammers Sports also secured their first win of the season with a 5-4 victory over Wilshamstead Reserves. Jimmy Grandidge was the sole destroyer with all five goals, ensuring a Jay Hall hat-trick and a strike from Matt Johnson was not enough for Wilshamstead.

Renhold United Reserves ran out 6-1 winners at Dunton. Kane Alexander and Dan Luke scored twice alongside goals from Anthony Blackman and Jonathon Ovendon. A solitary reply from Lewis Bosher completed the scoring.

Westoning Reserves v Ickwell & Old Warden Reserves was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Division Four

League leaders Bedford Panthers retained their 100% away record after goals from Michael O’Brien and Giuseppe Lamberti took them to a 2-0 win at Clifton Reserves.

Elstow Abbey Reserves remain just goal difference behind the leaders after a 6-1 victory over Dinamo Flitwick. Scott Hannam levelled Sean Hendry’s opener before goals from Kaylen Wilson and two apiece for Lewis Atkin and Travis Joseph completed the rout.

Caldecote A were also hit for six as they were beaten 6-2 at home to Kempston Athletic. Gary Whitbread netted four times and Gavin Matthews twice against home replies from Jack Aris and Ryan Ambrose.

Marston Shelton Rovers went down 5-0 at Flitwick Town Reserves ending a run of five consecutive wins. Daryl Stringer’s hat-trick plus an own goal and a strike from Cody Roberts ended Town’s three game losing run.

Sandy Reserves ran out 4-1 winners over Dunton Reserves thanks to a hat-trick from Jonnie Stratford and a strike from Pete Rogan. Dunton had earlier levelled at 1-1 but their afternoon of woe was complete when Craig Hill saw red two minutes from time.

Elsewhere, Wootton Village v Kempston Con Club Sports was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.