The defibrillator has been installed at the entrance of Wyboston, Chawston and Colesden Village Hall.
The committee was approached by Patricia Williams of Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service earlier this year, asking whether the equipment could be installed at the hall.
This was the initiative of chief fire officer Paul Fuller. It was funded by the fire service and Bedford Borough Council.
The defibrillator is for public use and may save the lives of people who suffer a potential cardiac arrest.
Police step up patrols after Bedford car workshop broken into more than 35 TIMES
Bedford commuters: Only travel if absolutely necessary this weekend
Burst water main on outskirts of Bedford causes concern
Three members of the same Bedford family die in Italian road crash
‘Threatening and violent’ beggar banned from Bedford and ANY Tesco in town
The portable device has been designed for use by people with no medical background. When applied to the patient voice commands and screen messages will guide the user step-by-step through the process and its intelligent technology will only allow it to shock a ‘shockable’ heart rhythm.
The access code to the box will be given by the ambulance service control room when a caller dials 999 and reports a possible cardiac arrest.
The village hall committee is hoping to run an open event in the near future to demonstrate how the defibrillator is used.