The event takes place from 11am until 1pm at the Hockwell Ring Community Centre and visitors can speak informally to staff about the changes.
The proposals are:
– To relocate the older person’s day care service currently provided at the Stopsley Day Centre to the sheltered housing unit at Colwell Court
– To relocate the older person’s day care service currently provided at the Milan Day Centre to Dallow Learning and Community Centre
– To relocate the SKY learning difficulty support service currently provided at the Milan Day Centre to other suitable day care facilities
– To develop the St Monica’s Day Care Centre into a specialist dementia day care unit
– To restructure the staffing arrangements within the council’s day care service to suit these proposed new arrangements
The council says it wants to “provide day care in multi-purpose community based facilities to give customers more choice about the type of activities they would like to take part in”.
It says this would help people live “happier, more independent and longer lives”.