Fire crews called to Kempston kitchen blaze

Firefighters were called to tackle a kitchen blaze after a cooker caught light in Kempston.

Monday, 11th July 2016, 1:45 pm
Updated Monday, 11th July 2016, 2:47 pm
Fire engine

Two engines from Kempston Community Fire Station were dispatched to the property in Springfield Centre, Orchard Street, at 1.04pm on Friday (July 8), along with one from Bedford Community Fire Station.

When they arrived five minutes later they found a kitchen fire involving the cooker.

Wearing breathing apparatus to protect themselves again smoke Firefighters used a fire hose to put out the fire.

They then used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the property.

There were no casualties and the incident was closed at 1.27pm.