Court hears of teenage musician’s murder and friend’s nose sliced off by meat cleaver in daylight attack

Isaac Stone
Isaac Stone

A teenage musician was murdered and a friend had his nose sliced off by a meat cleaver the day after a video they were in was posted on YouTube, a jury was told today.

Isaac Stone, 19, who performed under the name Dynamikk, was chased, trapped and set upon by four men who punched him repeatedly, kicked him and stabbed him several times in Costin Street, Bedford.

His friend Shajidur Rahman suffered horrific injuries in the same attack. Four deep slashes were delivered to his head and face, with his nose effectively being amputated, Luton Crown Court was told.

Prosecutor Vincent Couglin QC said the motive for the “murderous attack” in Costin Street, Bedford at 6.20pm at night on Saturday, January 25 this year was not entirely clear.

But the day before, an amateur music video called “Go Missing” was posted on YouTube in which Issac Stone, Shajidur Rahman and others appeared. It was directed by Mr Stone. In the course of the film, which was made by a media studies student, alcohol was sprayed over the name ‘Raz’ that had been painted on a wall. “It upset someone,” said the prosecutor.

Mohammed Hussain, 22, of Maitland Road, Bedford, 19 year old Rubel Miah, of Costin Street, Bedford, his brother Javed Miah, 21, also of Costin Street, Bedford and Fahim Khan, 20, of Fenlake Road, Bedford,, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon.

Opening the case, Mr Coughlin said: “These four defendants involved themselves in a fast-moving, violent and savage street brawl with another group of young men.”

He said that “perhaps for show” some of the defendants had gone to Luton to hire a white Range Rover for £150. Back in Bedford they went to a hardware shop in Greenhill Street, where they bought two meat cleavers for £2.99 each.

Isaac Stone, who was driving a white Corsa with Mr Rahman and two others as passengers, encountered the other group in Costin Street.

Mr Coughlin said: “Isaac Stone was chased, trapped and set upon by all four defendants. He was punched repeatedly, kicked and stabbed several times. Witnesses say he looked dizzy. His left lung was penetrated and that proved fatal. By the time he arrived at Bedford hospital there was no sign of a pulse and he was pronounced dead at 7.15pm.”

Three of the defendants made no comment when questioned by detectives. Fahim Khan said he was not responsible for the injuries and was acting in self defence.

The opening continues