Nando's re-opens Bedford restaurant for eat-in
PERi-PERi is back on the menu
Nando's is re-opening a further 92 of its restaurants for eat-in, including the one in Bedford, from today (July 30).
After successfully reopening 10 restaurants for eat-in two weeks ago, Nando’s has started to reopen more restaurants to the public, bringing the total number to 102 offering dine-in service.
Those looking to eat-in will notice a few differences when they come and visit for the first time, as a host of new safety protocols have been implemented.
Before coming to the restaurant on the High Street, PERi-PERi fans should note the following:
- Each restaurant will be operating under a reduced capacity to help maintain social distancing. This means that there will be fewer tables available at any one time and waiting times to be seated might be a little longer than usual.
- Each restaurant will be operating a virtual queuing system via a QR code which can be scanned via a mobile phone, customers will be allotted a virtual slot in the queue and will be alerted when their table is ready via a text message or notification.
- The restaurant will be able to accommodate tables of up to six people maximum. When your table is ready a member of the Nando’s team will greet you at the door, where hand sanitiser will be provided, they will lead you to your table.
- Customers will have a recyclable disposable menu available but will scan a QR code and place their order and pay via their phone.
- All food, drinks, cutlery, PERi-PERi sauce and napkins will be brought to your table by a member of the restaurant team and dessert orders can be made at the table. Anyone looking to order a refill for their drink should speak to a member of the team who will happily grab a clean glass and refill it for you.
- Tables will be clear of the usual menu stands, cockerel sticks and saltshakers and will be completely cleaned down and swept before and after each use including tables, chairs and the surrounding floor.
The new measures are designed to minimise contact with customers at other tables and avoid queues within the restaurant to maintain safety.
Nando's will continue to offer a reduced menu to help the restaurant team maintain social distance in the kitchen and food prep areas, but the majority of Nando’s favourites such as PERi-PERi chicken wings, halloumi and PERi chips will still be available.
Each Nando’s restaurant has been working under increased government COVID 19 safety guidelines for the past weeks on top of their existing health and safety procedures serving delivery and online click and collect customers.
The restaurant chain will be taking part in the 50% off Eat Out to Help Out scheme, fans can also get 50% off their PERi-PERi fix every Monday-Wednesday in August when they eat-in.
That’s all food and soft drinks for half price! T&Cs apply. Nando’s will be slightly cheaper than usual on every other day as well as they have passed on all the savings of the recent VAT cut to customers as well.
For opening times and more details visit: www.nandos.co.uk/eat-in.