Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service are warning householders to take care when lighting their chimneys after the spate of chimney fires continued over the weekend.
On-call firefighters from Potton Community Fire Station were called to a chimney fire in Hatley Road, Potton at 12.26pm on Sunday afternoon. They put the fire out using chimney rods and stirrup pump.
Firefighters were also called, twice, to a property in Kensworth with chimney fires on Saturday and Sunday!
The fire service is urging people to get their chimneys swept, especially if they haven’t used them for while.
More advice here: http://bit.ly/1LlSbQe