DCSIMG

Teen killed during meat cleaver slashing was stabbed in chest

Isaac Stone

Isaac Stone

Teenage murder victim Isaac Stone was killed by a stab wound that penetrated deeply into his chest, a jury heard.

Isaac, a rapper who performed under the name Dynamikk, suffered 11 cut and slash wounds to his body in what the prosecution describe as a “murderous attack” in Costin Street, Bedford.

His friend Shajidur Rahman received four deep slashes to his head and face, with his nose effectively being amputated, Luton Crown Court was told yesterday, Wednesday, August 13.

Pathologist Dr Nicholas Hunt said the cause of the 19-year-old’s death was a stab wound that penetrated deeply into his chest causing heavy internal bleeding.

He had other injuries over his body.

He said it was “beyond reasonable doubt” that the fatal wound not have been caused by a meat cleaver that was found at the scene.

The jury visited the scene of the attack on Monday.

Mohammed Hussain, 22, of Maitland Road, Bedford, 19 year old Rubel Miah, of Costin Street, Bedford, his brother Javed Miah, 21, also of Costin Street, Bedford and Fahim Khan, 20, of Fenlake Road, Bedford,are all charged with murder, attempted murder and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon.

Shiuly Begum, sister of Rubel and Javed Miah, was seen on CCTV leaving her family’s home in Costin Street, Bedford after hearing the attack.

The court was told she held back another of the four defendants, Fahim Khan, and shouted: “Fahim, Come on leave it!”

After going outside she returned to the terraced house where it was said she was in a “very distressed state.” She had to knock on the door to get in. Inside she said she picked up her daughter and in the hallway saw her mother, her younger sister and her brother Javed, who is accused of carrying out the murder in the street.

Asked by Mr Coughlin if she was sure Javed was in the house, she replied: “Confident – 100 per cent.”

On April 18, three months after the murder of Isaac, she said she was in Ford End Road when she was attacked by five or six men in broad daylight. She said she believed the first blow was delivered by Shajidur Rahman.

She said she knew him because she had been to school with his sisters.

When he opened the case last week, prosecutor Vincent Coughlin QC said the motive for the “murderous attack” at 6.20pm on Saturday, January 25 this year was not entirely clear.

He told the jury that the murder came after an amateur music video called “Go Missing” was posted on YouTube in which Isaac Stone, Shajidur Rahman and others appeared. It was directed by Mr Stone.

Case proceeding.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page