As part of BP’s ‘Green Lights All The Way’ campaign, bedfordtoday and the Times and Citizen newspaper has teamed up with BP to give local schools the opportunity to win £3,000 of sports equipment.
If you know of a deserving school in Bedford and the surrounding area, all you need to do is write to us and explain - in no more than 300 words - why it deserves the ‘Green Light’ for sports.
All you need to do is tell us is which school you’re nominating, what sports equipment they need and how winning this equipment would benefit the school and pupils.
To enter simply send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org, post it to 11-13 Mill Street, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3EU before 23:59 on June 26, 2014 with your name and telephone number, plus the school’s name, address and telephone number.
Full terms and conditions and judging criteria are below.
We will announce a shortlist of schools on July 3, 2014, with the winning school being decided by an email public vote. To vote for your favourite shortlisted school simply email email@example.com between July 3, 2014 and July 17, 2014 and the school with the most amount of votes will be announced as the winner on July 24, 2014.
So make sure you keep an eye out to see if your nominated school has made it to the next round and get voting. Please note, voting is limited to one vote per person.
The competition is part of BP’s Green Lights All The Way campaign to give the green light to local communities.
Terms and Conditions
Johnston Publishing is responsible for your personal information and is registered at 50/56 Portman Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 1BA. Any personal data supplied to the Promoter in connection with this promotion will solely be used for the purposes of this Competition and any follow up Promoter
marketing communications as set out in paragraph 24. This will include providing details (name and
county of residence) of the prize winners to any person who requests such information.
1. Promoter and Data Controller is Bedford Times & Citizen, 11-13 Mill Street, Bedford,
Bedfordshire, MK40 3EU.
2. These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to the “Giving
Bedford Schools the Green Light” campaign (“Competition”). By entering the Competition,
entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
3. All entries and nominations for entry are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or delivered via post or hand to the Bedford Times & Citizen, 50/56 Portman Road, Reading,
Berkshire, RG30 1BA between 00.01 of 05 June 2014 and 23.59 of 26 July 2014. Any entries
received outside of these times will not be eligible for the Competition.
4. The Competition is open to all state schools and academies in the town of Bedford that have
been entered by a person who: (i) is aged 18 years and over or has parental/guardian consent
to enter the Competition and (ii) are not excluded from entry in accordance with paragraphs
four a, four b (iii) are a resident of Bedford.
4a. Employers and employees of the Promoter, BP Retail, Launch PR and their associated
companies, dealers, agents, contractors, subcontractors and relations may not participate in
4b. Entry requires that the sports equipment must be delivered to the winning school before
15 September 2014.
5. Judging and Entry Criteria:
• Are you a state school or academy in Bedford?
• What sports equipment do you require?
• The extent to which the sports equipment will make a different to the school and its
6. There is only one prize available in this promotion, consisting of £3,000 to be spent on sports
equipment for an eligible school (the “Prize”).
7. If a school is nominated for entry then they will be contacted by the Promoter within 14 days
of the Competition’s end date and asked to provide written confirmation that they wish to
partake in the Competition on the basis of the Rules.
8. A shortlist will be selected from all entrants who meet the judging criteria set out in paragraph
5 and all shortlisted entries will be announced in the paper on 3 July and featured on
www.bedfordtoday.co.uk/bpgivingbedfordthegreenlight. The winning school will be decided
upon via a public vote. Readers can vote for their preferred schools between 3 July and 17 July
by emailing email@example.com - the winning school will be announced in the
paper on the 24 July.
9. The winner will be notified by email and/or phone call within 14 days of the Competition’s
end date. Prize will be issued to the winning school by Launch PR on behalf of the Promoter.
Where Launch PR is unable to contact a winner within 14 days of the prize announcement, or a
Prize cannot be received by a winner, the Promoter reserves the right to revoke the Prize and
awarded to the next placed winner, chosen in line with the rules of the Competition. The prize
winner will be announced in The Bedford Times and Citizen and bedfordtoday.co.uk on 24 July
10. The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
11. Launch PR does not accept liability for the late provision of Prizes due to factors outside of its
12. In the event that any shortlisted school is disqualified from the Competition, the Promoter
may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant, or
shortlisted entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant or shortlisted
entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, cancel or amend the Competition at any stage
in the event of exceptional circumstances including, but not limited to: catastrophe, war, civil
or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or
regulation or any other event outside The Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes will be
posted on the microsite.
14. The Promoter’s decision is binding and final on all matters relating to this Promotion and
no correspondence will be entered into. We may require you to provide proof that you are
eligible and the authorised account holder of the e-mail address(es) used to vote. “Authorised
account holder” means the natural person to whom the e-mail address in question has been
assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g.
business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the
domain associated with the e-mail address. You may not vote using multiple e-mail addresses
or as multiple participants. If you attempt to do so your vote may be disqualified. Any use of
electronic devices to vote will count as a false or deceptive vote and will be disqualified.
15. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter, BP Retail
and Launch PR cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction,
alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not
arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other
causes outside its control.
16. Postal entries that do not include fully paid postage will not be accepted.
17. Entries that are incomplete, corrupted, unintelligible or damaged will not be accepted
18. The Promoter, BP Retail and Launch PR do not accept responsibility for the return of any
entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
19. The Promoter’s liability in relation to this Competition is limited to [Prize fund] and the
Promoter shall be released from all liability in excess of this maximum unless caused by the
Promoter’s fraud or negligence. Neither Launch PR nor BP Retail shall be responsible for any
damage or loss incurred by any Entrant as a result of the Competition and the Entrant hereby
releases Launch PR and BP Retail from any such liability so arising to the extent permissible by law.
20. You hereby warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, the Promoter reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
21. By entering this competition you are agreeing to take part in promotional activity as directed
by the organiser including: photography, interviews and approval of comment in written
materials. The Promoter reserves the right to use the names and locations of winners in any publicity in its media channels.
22. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the
individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoter for a
reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist the Promoter to operate competitions
in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
23. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales and any dispute
concerning their meaning or interpretation shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.